Monday, February 25, 2008

Nightmares #2

I was a little too affected yesterday to blog about these two dreams I had Saturday night so I'll share them now. If you know what they mean, feel free to let me know.

The first one was on a staircase. There were several flights. It was narrow and everything was made out of wood. My mom was there, and since she seems braver than me sometimes I let her go down the stairs first. At every landing as we descended, a different scarry animal would come out from behind the wall. I only remember two. The first was an anteater/armadillo looking thing, but it was actually a snake coiled up in the shape of that animal. There were two bright blue spots on it, at the tail and head. It didn't hurt me, it just gave me the willies. The second one was a spider dangling on a web string held by my daughter. She didn't seem scared. It had little black ball feet and body. It looked more like a daddy longleg. I told her to get rid of it because it could be poisonous.

The second dream was at home. The kids were 5 and 8. Greg and I were married but he wasn't home. I came out into the livingroom in the morning and the glass in the top half of the front door was broken. The bottom half was wood. As I looked out, an Impala with three Hispanic males between 18 and 20 drove up and parked in front of the house. They were laughing. When they started to get out of the car, I picked up the phone to call the police. The car turned into a semi and the passenger got something out from between the trailer and box and they came up to the door. The police were asking way to many questions and weren't here yet. One of the men reached into the door and unlocked it and they came in. They sat on the sofa. Mark said he thought he saw one get a handgun and the young man pulled it out of his jacket and said, "This one?" I immediately told him to put it away or get rid of it. He took it apart to show me it couldn't be used and put it back in his jacket. I asked them if I could make them cereal for breakfast and when I tried, the milk was dark. Inside there was some thick, black and green thing at the bottom like mold, so I couldn't make them breakfast. I then called Greg. A repair man knocked on the garage door to tell me what was wrong under my hot water heater and said it would be $250 to fix it. I told him I didn't call him or authorize him to fix it. He said a lesser fix was $150. I told him to talk to Greg and handed him the phone.

That was it. The second dream didn't freak me out nearly as much as the first and I understand why certain things were in it. I know why I get snake dreams but don't know the significance of the individual elements of the dream.

Tomorrow we'll get back to Indentity in Christ and/or Holy Discontent.

No comments: