Friday, February 29, 2008

Holy Discontent #5

Chapter 6, Wherever It Takes You, Whenever It Takes You There, by Bill Hybels

"...I believe my primary job is to teach what the Bible says about the great issues of the day. Not just some of the issues, but all of them. The number of times Scripture mentions God's passionate concern for the poor, the oppressed, the widows, the orphans, those who are incarcerated, and those who have no voice is astounding!"

Tomorrow we'll talk about magnetic living, the normal state, and the fundamental state. Good stuff!

Today I'll start reading my book on spiritual warfare. I talked with a friend a few times this week and as she reaches out to meet the needs of people with dire needs, she's been feeling something odd. She's had moments of fear, urgency to make decisions, confusion, etc. The enemy is never happy when we step outside of ourselves and stretch our faith to make a difference in the world. Even though this is normal and totally expected, it sure makes you feel 'weird'. I find it encouraging, sometimes tiring, but also exciting.

No comments: