Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Books


Greg asked me to order a book for him last week called Found Faithful. It's about great Christian throughout history, that despite the huge obstacles in their lives, have been found faithful. It's a book that gives so much hope and encouragement. I can't wait to read it.

The I felt that I needed to read the book Oprah keeps promoting, A New Earth. I feel a need to know what it says, so I can accurately respond to it. Kind of like when the Da Vinci Code came out. Greg said okay, but as long as I read Hank Hanegraaff's book written in response to Eckhart Tolle's book called Paradise Still Lost in a New Earth at the same time. It can be ordered here.

Fun Summer Reading. I'm still reading Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. I'm learning more and more about the life of David. I was at our local Bible bookstore yesterday and there is even a yearly flip daybrightener (like a devotional) on the book with excerpts from the book. Cool.

Anyway, time to get ready for our prayer walk. We look forward to anticipation of what God will speak to us today! Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so greatful to Eckhart Tolle and Oprah for turning me onto Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor and her beautiful book ""My Stroke of Insight"". Her story is amazing and her gift to all of us is a book purchase away I'm happy to say.

Dr Taylor was a Harvard brain scientist when she had a stroke at age 37. What was amazing was that her left brain was shut down by the stroke - where language and thinking occur - but her right brain was fully functioning. She experienced bliss and nirvana and the way she writes about it (or talks about it in her now famous TED talk) is incredible.

What I took away from Dr. Taylor's book above all, and why I recommend it so highly, is that you don't have to have a stroke or take drugs to find the deep inner peace that she talks about. Her book explains how. ""I want what she's having"", and thanks to this wonderful book, I can! Thank you Dr. Taylor, and thank you Eckhart and Oprah.